Monday, July 19, 2010

the world is spinning

It arrived Saturday. My lovely spindle is just as lovely as I hoped it would be. Of course, I jumped right in with both feet. After all, I'd spent a full week researching and dreaming and readying my fingers. And I gotta say, I didn't do so bad, considering I spun this my second day:

Sure, it isn't perfect. I'm not sure I'd buy it. And my first attempt at plying was not so hot (will upload those pictures later this week).

But still, for a single, it isn't bad. This was my third attempt. The first I forgot to draft, the second I didn't draft enough or consistently. So this, my third, was much better.

Then last night, I spun the entire batch of merino that Froggy Fibers so generously included with the spindle, and began my first try at the alpaca. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Monked & Fifed said...

Wow, I would not even know where to begin! How woderful though...I can only imagine the possibilities of being able to spin...
Can't wait to see that alpaca!
a.

Elizabeth said...

I think it looks wonderful. I am looking at purchaing a drop spindle. May I aks where you got yours?

Blessings, Elizabeth

hook and needle said...

Elizabeth - I left information on your blog. Thanks for stopping in and commenting!

Suzanne said...

I love this and can hardly wait to see more. You make this look easy when I know that it's not :) so glad you shared.

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

WOW! I am sure you will get it down - it looks fantastic for only doing it a couple of times.