Thursday, January 24, 2008

presto, change-o

The Nightshade Mitts are complete!
And yes, same hand, different mitt. (I took the pictures with my other hand...)
I forgot to mention before, but, giving credit where credit is due, this is based off the Kalamazoo Knits pattern. Quick, easy easy easy pattern, and VERY flexible and forgiving with yarns. I wear my red pair all the time. So I hope my coworker loves these as much as I love mine.
So I'm working on my socks for now. But I imagine I'll be switching back to another pink baby blanket over the weekend. Gotta get those done!
Oooh, and I wanted to share... I have been quilting! This is going to be a year-long project, I think. So no pictures yet. But I've finally begun a project I've been dreaming of for years--a tailgating quilt made of our old college t-shirts. I have the top squares all sewn together, but I need to get the backing, the batting, and the border fabric. Keep your fingers crossed that the finished piece all comes together in time for tailgate season!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice mitts! I'm sure your coworker will love them!

I added the links for the mocs pattern - I bought the book, but I have heard you may be able to just get the mocs if you contact the owner of the first site. I like the book though - a lot of varied projects.

Cinnamonamon said...

Pretty mitts! I have a box of old t-shirts waiting to become a quilt someday too. :)

a friend to knit with said...

beautiful mitts!
so cool.....a tailgating quilt!
look forward to seeing it!

PMH said...

Very cool, lovez them!