Tuesday, December 11, 2007

yummy yarn, warm hands

I so wish I had pictures for you.

I do have them, I guess, but they are still in my camera. I wish I had uploaded them.




Because I am SO excited about the fingerless mitts I just made this past weekend.


Strike that, let's share the pictures!

I used real 100% wool. I got it at yet another LYS (I am hooked, I told you!). I used this gorgeous self-striping wool that I can not, for the life of me, remember the name of.

I knit, rather than crochet, which I was a bit rusty with. Oh, I will have to post pictures. Because they are fabulous. I used size 7 dpns, and I didn't even get any laddering up the sides.




I've never made a knit object I could actually wear, this is so exciting. Oh, when I upload those pictures, there will be PICTURES GALORE! I may have to make a pair of these in every color of the rainbow!






Also, there is much progress on August. I'm thinking about adding an edging the pattern does not call for, but I have to finish the motifs first.

5 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Whoops, horrible misspelling so I'll try this again :) I can't wait to see pics of your mitts! Sock yarn is terribly addicting, as are dpn's :) One of the things I love about knitting is there's always something new to try - I'm now into felting.

Michelle said...

Ooh, very nice! I really like the colorway.

Shalu said...

YAY! they are lovely! :)

Knitserland said...

Those look so nice! Great job. I need to make a pair for my daughter, she's been asking.