Thursday, January 22, 2009

semi-bitty and itty-bitty

I've been in love with Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty Hats book. I got it for Christmas and have fixated on the Candy Cane hat. I haven't done the striped look she instructs in the book, but instead went with flecked hats and solid poms. The green one is a recycled old sweater of mine with sparkly forest pom, and the newborn-sized one is knit with double yarn strands - a solid worsted weight white and a sport weight navy with navy pom.

The green one is lil' b's, he loves it and wears it everywhere. I made him a coordinating set of mittens (no pic yet) with a stripe of the green fleck on a cream wool background, also made from a recycled sweater.
I've been really into recycling old sweaters lately. I feel less guilty about knitting all the time when I'm reusing materials rather than buying new yarn all the time. Plus, it's exciting to find new uses for old things.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute! My goal for this year is to use more stash yarn, buy less new! So far....well...I've bought less yarn, more roving. Sigh.

Cinnamonamon said...

Very cute! I love recycling old sweaters! :)