Thursday, January 8, 2009

a little holiday cheer

Would you like to see this year's wine batch? Here it is, wrapped up in a wintery wine cozy that I sewed up as a gift bag.And here it is, showing off one of the three wine tasting sets I made as gifts for my tasting party friends. If you haven't had a wine tasting party, the idea behind these bags is to conceal the label for blind tasting. Each bag has a different lettered label for scoring. This black bag is the example from my sister's gift set.
And here is the gorgeous label my designer friend worked up for us. This year's wine was a Riesling, which we named Liquid Mistletoe.
For Christmas I was lucky enough to get a gift certificate to a LYS near my parents' house, so I've been plotting my purchases. So far I bought two skeins of Plymouth Yarns Encore D.K. in a lovely tan to make some socks (hopefully for Daddy-B, but we'll see). It's my first time knitting socks with a pattern of interest instead of letting the striping do the work. I also bought a Ella Rae Women and Children sweater pattern book, I just need to choose a yarn and decide on a pattern.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fun! I also have a gc to my lys...not sure what I'll get yet...though I also got a drop spindle for Christmas so it may be roving to try my hand at spinning. I'm so nervous though, I can't pick it up and try.