Thursday, August 14, 2008

shirt and blanket pictures

So here is the latest baby quilt:
I did the quilting a little differently, with five freestyle stars stitched into it for a little visual interest:
And the backing was a soft flannel-y cotton this time, much more baby-blanket-like.
And (drumroll please) heeeeeeere's the shirt!
Isn't it handsome on him? It's a little big because he's a shortie and because I did a 3T instead of a 2T (so we get some extra life out of it). But I love love love it! I can't wait to try making one in every color and pattern!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my godness, that's fantastic! What pattern did you use? I would love to try one for Toby! Really really awesome :) And you TOTALLY threw me with the skirt...haha, for a minute I thought you were Scottish...and then I thought, "Well I thought the pc term was kilt, but what do I know?" Miss you on the boards

Knitserland said...

OMG, look at that shirt!! I have always shied away from anything with sleeves. My girls got lots of sundresses when they were little:) And now it's skirts. What a great job. I'd definitely make this again for him. Adorable quilt, too. Flannel makes the best backing, doesn't it?
Tina