Sunday, October 28, 2007

the end of october

Here she is, the bane of my existence, October.


And a close up shot:
As you can see, it was clearly the details that took me forever. From afar, October looks like a fairly straight-forward striped blanket. But up close, you can see the scalloped edging and the keyhole design. I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out. Afterall, the recipient will, I'm sure, see it close up more often than far away. And hooray, I managed to finish before the little girl arrived.

Now I'm set with the pink (for now) and will shortly be moving on to August, the shooting star pattern. Then, on to my three newly-commissioned works. But I'm not sure what those will be yet.

In the meantime, I'm keeping my hook warm with work on the new Checked Blanket. I tried to start the Relaxed Cardi but that just isn't going to happen. Anyone know a quick and easy crochet slipper pattern I could use Homespun yarn for?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What appropriate timing to end October! It really is beautiful afghan; you did a lovely job!

And btw BRRRRRRRRRRR! I do not miss cold northern falls and winters!

Knitterella said...

Holy detail work! It's beautiful!

Great Job!