Monday, March 16, 2009

going bananas

As promised, here are the pictures of my cousin-in-law's baby quilt. I was originally thinking the very unoriginal Noah's Ark (she's very religious) but when I saw this blue monkey flannel my resolve began to crumble...
And then I found cotton monkey fabric AND banana fabric, and I gave in to temptation. It's easier to see if you open the full picture, but yes, we have bananas.

She's having a little boy, and I thought this made a perfect baby boy blankie. She loved it, too, which makes everything worthwhile. Now I am working on a crochet blanket that has been a resting WIP for over a year. Any guesses? I also have two pairs of socks on the needles, and a plan to make my very first sweater. Updates to come!

1 comment:

Cinnamonamon said...

Gorgeous quilt!! :) LOVE the monkeys! :)