Wednesday, July 21, 2010

getting better all the time

Here is my second skein: raw brown alpaca and white merino.


It's a lot more consistent, no?

I also finished the knitting (but not the weaving in ends) of my first fingerless mitt. The phot doesn't do the colors justice. It's a very pretty colorway. The pattern is based on the Kalamazoo Knits pattern I've used before, but I dropped the thumb tube as it always annoyed me on the other pair I have.

I'm wearing the finished one right now as I type, and I have to say that it's just warm enough, fairly lightweight, and great for being in an office where they want it to be about 60 year-round.

It also occurs to me that it is already Wednesday and I haven't taken a picture worthy of my Friday {moment}. I better get focused! It's a real challenge to find something snapshot-worthy when you are only home between 6 PM and 6 AM, and most of that is sleeping.

No comments: