Friday, July 9, 2010

where it's at

To start off my weekend, I'm preparing my project tote for any road trips, diversions, or free moments of yarn bliss. With some wishful thinking, I even got out my roving. Who knows, maybe my new spindle will arrive tomorrow?

How delightful are these colors?

I have no idea what they will become, but hopefully it will be something the kids can snuggle with. I feel like I've been rather selfish with my knitting lately.

Just as I say that, though, here is the filagro scarf:

This will be a Christmas gift for my MIL. It's warm, it's wooly, it's wonderful.


But this is why I feel so selfish. How do people crank out sweaters in under a month? This concept completely eludes me. I have been devoting many of my free hours to this sweater since early 2010. It IS getting somewhere... near enough to somewhere that I have begun thinking about buttons. The portion on the needles is both sleeves.

Those are some itty-bitty stitches.

I am missing my cross quilt, but now I really can't pull it out, as our house is officially on the market. We could have showings at any time, and while I would melt instantly if I saw a half-finished quilt crowding out the tables and couches in the living room, I think I might be in the minority.

May your stitches be even and your hems straight this weekend. (And your children well-fed, messy, and exhausted!)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks great! I have yet to make myself a sweater, but so many people inspire me in blogland! Love it!!!!

Michelle said...

Ooh, that roving is Lovely! I am working on my first big sweater too...it's just inching along.

kdmade said...

OK, this might be apples and oranges because I have a room to do my crafts in, but we're on the market and the quilt-in-progress is OUT!! As is the blouse-in-progress. And on the bedside table is the sock-in-progress...

kdmade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.