Friday, May 9, 2008

nap or knit?

I can never decide.

I just put lil' b down for his nap and fell asleep on the floor next to his crib. Of course I woke up, but I had been hoping to knit during his nap... I'm really making progress on the second sock (I can't WAIT to wear these things! ACK!) but if I'm tired enough to pass out on his floor, maybe I should be sleeping... and I REALLY shouldn't be blogging.

How do you decide what to do with your "free" time? I feel like all the blogs I visit crank through projects much faster than I do. Is this because I'm a slow knitter or because you people don't sleep? When do you get your knitting done? Do you knit while your kids play? Do you carry your knitting with you to the playground? I knit while lil' b and I watch movies (far too often for my taste) and while I watch TV in the evenings after he goes to sleep (which is only about an hour, before I go to sleep). Sometimes I knit during his nap, but I have a filthy house when I do that. Often, I have knit rather than eat lunch.

There are simply not enough hours, and I do not have enough hands. And I really want to finish these socks!

2 comments:

Knitterella said...

Oh I hear you. I don't even have kids! I often think that will be the hardest thing for me to handle when I do! Won't have as much knitting time that's for sure!

One thing is for sure, my house would be much cleaner it I wasn't a crafter!

Cinnamonamon said...

I carry my knitting bag about everywhere with me. Everywhere. Once section, once row, one stitch...it's my sanity saver somedays. It's tangible proof of accomplishment -- something motherhood is without in the short term at times, I think.

I won't tell you how often I've chosen knitting over sleeping; it isn't healthy! lol