Wednesday, August 1, 2007

a moral dilemma

I don't know why I do this to myself. Bring temptation into my cubicle, I mean.

I have sped through my writing assignments for the week, and it is Wednesday morning. I spoke with my boss, and there is nothing new for me to work on at this point. So of course, I brought in my project tote (I shall have to take a picture of it someday - my sister brought it back from the middle east and it is a true reflection of how well sisters know each other). I justify it by saying, well, I will just work on it in my car at lunch, knowing that I won't because it's supposed to be 95 here today.

Already I did one row on the new blanket, but I am feeling guilty. Is it better to sit and do nothing but LOOK busy, or sit and crochet (thereby getting something accomplished) which would be like a flashing neon sign that you are NOT busy and therefore maybe expendable? sigh.

No comments: