Wednesday, August 8, 2007

interruption or distraction?

So I ran out of white yarn for Candy Kiss. I could go and get more - and I will, I promise - but I decided it could wait until this weekend. In the meantime, what better excuse to pick through my stash and try my hand at this:

Okay, now picture it in blue.... There you go.

I feel like I'm venturing into uncharted waters. It's called the "Starter Scarf," which at first I took as a veiled insult meaning "only for newbies and inexperienced crocheters" but I am realizing that perhaps it's a more optimistic name. As in, the start of a fresh direction and the beginning of a love affair with patterned stitches. Because, I have to tell you, I am loving the look of cable so far.

I am notorious for the half-finished project, and I'm trying not to let Candy Kiss slip from my mind in light of this newly-discovered interest in cable. There are too many sweaters, blankets, and random knick-knacks that have fallen by the wayside due to my mercurial passions.

I also managed to finish Harry Potter #7 this week. I feel so let down...

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

That looks like a great scarf. I'm excited to see how yours turns out!

Harry Potter's last book was a let down? That stinks!

Jill