Monday, August 13, 2007

back on the hook - Candy Kiss

After finishing the scarf, I spent the remainder of the week working on a relaxed cardi/wrap, but now that's on hold. I promised myself that I would go during the weekend and buy the white yarn I needed to finish Candy Kiss, so the cardi is sitting there, tantalizingly off-limits until that blanket is done. And actually, it SHOULD wait until the next two blankets are done as well.

I'm hoping to finish up Candy Kiss this week, so I can drop it off to its new owners this weekend during their party, rather than having to ship it.

Well, that's about it for this posting. I don't have any new project pics, we spent most of the weekend at various farmer's markets and festivals. Gotta take advantage of the summer activities before the cold moves us all indoors for the next six months.

***Oh, just remembered that I'd wanted to mention that I also got a little baking in this weekend. The plentiful zucchinis were just too verdant to resist. So I decided to treat my family to a loaf of zucchini bread, complete with mini chocolate chips.
So scrumptious. Plus I have enough zucchini grated and frozen to make another five loaves. Those will be a welcome surprise during the fresh produce off-season. All part of my new goal to buy locally!

3 comments:

Knitserland said...

I made zucchini fritters last week (amazing how many you get from one plant, isn't it?)

Just add one egg, a touch of flour so it isn't too soupy, pinch of salt and garlic and cook in a bit of hot olive oil. Delicious. Especially with a dab of sour cream or cottage cheese on top.

It's hard to get a ton of knitting done this time of year knowing our beautiful summer days and evenings are becoming numbered. There's always time for more knitting in the winter.

hook and needle said...

Oh man, that sounds like heaven. I will have to give those a try. Maybe I can even sneak them past the picky palate of Daddy-B.

peaknits said...

Thank you for coming by my blog:) I love to check and see what others are doing - I wish you luck getting Candy Kiss done - maybe put the cardi in a lock box for now! Us knitters are a bit like junkies, eeks!